These are our Grow Room Ventilation Reviews of 3 of the best ventilation fans available
Hello again everyone! I’m back again for your grow room ventilation reviews needs.
Grow rooms accumulate odors from senescing leaves, fertilizers, and other matter that can become quite putrid with stagnation. In the end, it is all a matter of tenting those plants up, pumping out a good volume of air at a consistent rate, and keeping the seals tight.
We’re going to start the grow room ventilation reviews off with a couple of great fans you can choose for your existing grow tents. But, I know that there are plenty of you here that just want good ventilation – but building and picking out parts for everything is still a bit intimidating! I get you 100%… So, I’ve also found one of the best grow tent kits out there – full with an excellent fan, lights that fit it, etc., etc. You’ve identified that you need good ventilation, we’ve found the solution!
3 Of the Grow Room Ventilation Fans Available
- AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet 8” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller – Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics– Best Overall
- VIVOSUN Ventilation Kit 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter and 16 Feet of Ducting for Grow Tent– Most Cost-Effective
- 3. Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-2000 LED Grow Light Dimmable Full Spectrum Use Samsung Diodes MeanWell Driver 24″ x 47″ x 71″ 1680D Growing Tent 4 Inch Ventilation System Setup Package – Most Complete System
1. AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet 8” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller – Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics – Best Overall
- Cost: $$$
- Maintenance: Minimal
- Key feature: Best Overall Grow Room Ventilation
- Includes: Fan, Thermostat Control, Ducting, Power Supply, Mounting Equipment
- Assembly required:
- Material: Plastic, Metal
- Pumping Power: 807 CFM
- Best for: Living room systems.
- Cool factor: Modern age control panel, tons of extras. Quiet
- Meh (Cons): When you get extra, you have to pay for it.
Good grow room ventilation reviews cannot skip over the Cloudline T8. This fan is for people that want to actually be able to live and work around their plants. That oddball junk and storage room that, Covid-era, turned into the home office you never wished for needs to be a bit quieter than it used to. Well, this fan will help you out as it runs at a pretty smooth 40 dB, plus or minus just a few. All of that combined with a programmable temperature control, and you’re golden.
The next thing that really makes me a *fan* of this fan is the control panel for that heating/cooling control. So many of these greenhouse and grow room products have control panels that look like they came directly out of 1997. You know exactly what I’m talking about, the bumpy laminated buttons that fade, warp, and bubble up in the very sunny conditions they were made to endure. But not our friend, the Cloudline T8… look, it isn’t an iPhone, but you’re going to be much happier and more familiar with it than 90+% of the competition.
2. VIVOSUN Ventilation Kit 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller, 6 Inch Carbon Filter and 16 Feet of Ducting for Grow Tent – Most Cost-Effective
- Cost: $$
- Maintenance: Minimal
- Key feature: Best Kitchen System Fan
- Includes: Fan, Speed Controller, Carbon Filter, Ducting
- Assembly required: Minimal
- Material: Aluminum, Alloy Steel
- Pumping Power: Up to 390 CFM
- Best for: Kitchen/Utility Room
- Cool factor: Solid design, Fantastic carbon filter!
- Meh (Cons): Loud (70dB)
Our next selection, another great product from Vivosun, is your standard grow tent fan. You aren’t going to find advanced extras on the outside here. What you are going to find is a row of checks and check-pluses next to all of the things grow room ventilation reviews are looking for – air flow, filtering, snug fits, and what Vivosun endearingly refers to as “Smelliness Control”. It all comes together to make a solid fan at an attractive price.
Looking under the hood for a moment, you can’t help but like what you see. The Vivosun comes with a really powerful 6” Carbon filter in a very durable frame that cozies up into a snug fit with your duct system. The fan itself, with strikingly red blades, also includes a permanently lubricated bearing to keep your maintenance load low.
The one area where this ventilation kit falls short is the noise, coming in at around 70 dB. It’s just too loud to have in the study, living room, or office! There is an adjustable setting on the fan, but if you’re buying something for power you really want to be using it. As a result, this is the ideal fan for the kitchen or utility room grow tent.
3. Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-2000 LED Grow Light Dimmable Full Spectrum Use Samsung Diodes MeanWell Driver 24″ x 47″ x 71″ 1680D Growing Tent 4 Inch Ventilation System Setup Package – Most Complete System
- Cost: $$$$
- Maintenance: Average
- Key feature: Best Complete Ventilation System
- Includes: 1 × SF2000 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light, 1 × 24″ x 47″ x 71″ Grow Tent, 1 × 4” Inline Duct Fan, 1 × 4” Carbon filter, 1 × Flex Air Aluminum Ducting, 1 × Fan Speed Controller, 1 × Thermometer and Hygrometer, 1 × Timer, 4 × 5 Gallon Grow Bags, 1 × Trellis Plant Netting, 2 × Adjustable Rope Clip Hanger
- Assembly required: Moderate
- Material: Metal, Plastic
- Best for: Medium large plants.
- Cool factor: Everything fits, no guesswork!
- Meh (Cons): You have to pay for it!
Lastly, for our grow room ventilation reviews I really did want to show you a complete grow tent that also happens to include an amazing fan. When I first delve into something, I really want something that works – not one part that works and a dozen others that just don’t match it! If you’re the same and just want ventilation relief NOW, this is the system you’ve been looking for.
The Spider farm has full-spectrum LED lights that you know are going to fit in your system, not burn up your plants, and not cause a fire risk. The angles of the lights are built for this system, none other, so you know it will just work.
Now, for the ventilation itself. This comes with a great fan, somewhat similar to the Vivosun above, an excellent Carbon filter, and an aluminum ducting combo. The O-rings and duct are, you guessed it, made for this system – no guesswork or scouring the product listing for diameters for you!
Grow Room Ventilation Reviews Buying Guide
When selecting a Grow Room Ventilation you’ll need to pay attention to several factors.
Is cost a factor? Fully packed and featured systems are not always the best system.
How much attention will you need to give your system? Will it need weekly or daily cleaning? How difficult is it to clean? Can you install a filter?
- Automation- Are you always working and never home? Is automation important for you to have in your system?
- Looks, labels, Markers
- System Size for your location
Does it come with everything you need? Some ventilation fans come with integrated timers or humidity detection.
This is a big consideration for some and it may be why you are here trying to buy a system instead of making one for yourself.
If you have kids or pets you understand that this is a big consideration, dependent on the location of your setup.
How important is the sustainability of your system? Would you like to be able to reuse all the components each time you grow another round of plants? Is it important that the components are free of chemicals or pathogens? Is the manufacturing process of your new system eco-friendly?
Do you already know what you want to grow in your system? This is very important to keep in mind when selecting your new system as it will not be possible to grow some vining plants in any of these systems mentioned above.
Is this going to be highly visible to house guests? Do you want to be able to brag about your cool new Kratky Hydroponic System when they come over or hide it in the pantry until they leave!?
All systems have cons. Keep a watchful eye on this category as it can easily be a purchase killer!
Buy this system